Sunday 27 March 2016

Ask Me Another


Had a referendum
All about a mayor -
Never thought about it,
Didn't really care.
Got no information,
Nothing through the door I could see.
Oh, it's hard to decide, why would anyone want to ask me?

Now we'll have another,
Worryingly soon.
In or out of Europe,
Twenty-third of June.
Parties are divided,
Politicians just can't agree.
Oh, it's hard to decide, why would anyone want to ask me?

All these years when they never heard my point of view.
All these years I've been waiting,
And then there's not one referendum but two.

Good to be consulted,
Good to have a choice.
Glad we're democratic,
Glad I've got a voice.
Listen to the people,
That's the way the country should be.
But it's hard to decide, why would anyone want to ask me?

Am I for or against, is it Leave or Remain?
Should we change to a mayor,
Should we stick with the leader, or should I abstain?

Need to think it over,
Need to ponder long.
This could last for ever,
Mustn't get it wrong.
Make the right decision -
That's the thing I know I must do.
And if you can't decide, make your mind up, they're going to ask you.
Yes, if you can't decide, make your mind up before they ask you!

No comments:

Post a Comment